Tuesday, September 28, 2010
This Is Super Cool
Just an ordinary 3 dollar backpack, right?
WRONG! Totally not ordinary. This backpack was specially modified by her mommy specifically to fit the needs of her on-the-go tube feeding! Check it out...
I cut a slit so there is an opening for the pump to just slide right into the front from the big part of the backpack so the pump has its own space
And then I added a cute little button tie down for the nozzle of the feeding bag.
Then i cut a little slit out the side for the hose. and yes, I did make it so it wouldn't fray and omg. that was not easy.
and because the straps weren't padded, I made some really nice little cushy cushy shoulder strap pads (it says Butterfly Princess)
When she gets up in the morning, I'll be sure to show a pic of her modeling it!
AND... all the modifications were HAND MADE/HAND SEWN! Including the embroidery (minus the flowers they were patches.
Yes, i'm bragging. i'm so happy that I was able to do this. Thanks so much to YouTube and a little bit of help from my mom. She is super Stoked... now she doesn't have to have that nasty green one... it's not bad, but Q is a princess and needs a princess bag.
I decided that in my free time, i'm gonna go and buy some more 3 dollar mini-backpacks and make some tube feeding bags and donate it to our children's hospital. I think they would be so grateful and I'd hope it would make one kiddo feel super special. Especially a kiddo that just got a new tube... how cool would it be to help ease their fears, even just a little by giving them a very special surprise :)
Ok. it's almost midnight and I gotta be up by 6am. time to get to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
You go girl! I knew you had it in ya'!! It's SUPER cute and you're so sweet to want to do more to help other kiddos like Quinn!!
I can't wait to see her modeling it!!
Super cute...just like the Princess herself!!
Hugs and lotsa <3
Oh, wow! That is so cute, and so creative. I bet Quinn is going to love it! I love the embroidery work, it's beautiful! And, what a good idea to make more of them. Maybe you could make a photo tutorial and post it, and other people could make them and donate them to their local hospitals as well?
So awesome Sarah! I love it! I want to help with some of the cost. Email me at slfunk3763 at hotmail dot com.
WOW, soooo COOL! You ROCK the sewing needle! I love the idea of donating them too. You need to find some camouflauge ones for boys :) I bet she loves it, soft and comfy--hugs Sarah--
Heidi & Jack.
Post a Comment